Today’s breakfast did not go as planned; ah life! I wanted to make a spinach and feta omelet with all the goodies. The culprit behind instant oatmeal breakfast: the boys locked my keys in the car last night. I had to walk the them to school this morning. Luckily we only live a mile from the school.
- 2 packs of low sugar maple sugar oatmeal
- handful of walnuts
- White Chocolate Wonderful PB and Honey sandwich (on wheat)
- 1 Flour Tortilla
- 1-2 Tbsp. hummus of your choice
- 1-2 Tbsp. 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice of deli turkey or ham, chopped
- 1 pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. diced tomato
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onion
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flour tortilla on a baking sheet. Spread hummus on flour tortilla (I like Publix cilantro-jalapeño hummus).
- Sprinkle cheese, followed by remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Pretzel Chips and Salsa
Pork Carnitas from Cooking Light
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed
- 10 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotle chiles canned in adobo sauce, drained and chopped
- 20 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup bottled salsa
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 lime wedges
- 1. Make 1/2-inch-deep slits on outside of roast; stuff with garlic. Combine cumin and next 3 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Place roast in a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker. Sprinkle pork on all sides with spice mixture.
- 2. Combine juices and chipotle chiles. Pour juice mixture over pork. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until pork is tender.
- 3. Remove pork from slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Combine shredded pork and 1/2 cup cooking liquid; toss well.
- 4. Spoon 1 1/2 ounces pork mixture onto each tortilla; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons salsa, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 334 Fat: 12.6g Protein: 29.4g Carbohydrate: 27.1g
Chris and the boys loved these. They really are super easy. I also made a fruit salad and Homemade Refried Beans to go with it.
Love this, my Sis-n-Law posted this on her facebook page
Long Run – 12.26 miles at an average pace of 8:56
I wrote a guest blog on Crystal Fun2Race on paddle boarding. Here is the link http://www.crystalfun2race.com/new-activity-for-the-new-year-paddle-boarding/ check it out!
Meanwhile in adventures of the Jennings clan…
During Thanksgiving holidays the boys and I were getting a little restless. I decided to take them on an 8-mile run/scooter ride through our State Park. I ran they rode. Just as we were turning around to head back home Chase runs into the back of my foot. My foot comes to a complete stop and that is when gravity took over and I went down, super manning it across the pavement. My knee and hand took the brunt of the fall. I have not taken a fall like that since grade school. I was so embarrassed sitting in the middle of the road in complete shock as it is dawning on me, the car is 4 miles away! I get up and everything seems to be within working order. Of course I wanted the boys to think I was tough, so on we continued. Although I did run the 4 miles back at a slower pace.