Have I always loved to run, absolutely not!
In high school I ran because my parents made me participate in a sport. Everyone made the track team and I had my bases covered for the year with cross country, indoor and outdoor track. By the time I was in college running was not even a passing thought. Actually running did not cross my mind till I wanted to shed some extra weight.
When I started running a year and half ago I never dreamed I would be able to run up 15 miles without stopping. Honestly a year and half ago I could not run a quarter mile without stopping to walk.
So why this change of heart, where has this love for running come from? There are many reason but how about my top seven.
- No Equipment Needed: All I need are my running shoes, shorts, tank and iPod and away I go.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Hey I can run 15 miles without stopping. This will definitely come in handy during the zombie apocalypse.
- Runners Legs: Not trying to brag but with all those miles comes a great looking set of legs. People ask me all the time, what do you do?
- Me Time: Hey I love my hubby and boys, but it’s nice to have some quality time with myself too!
- Calorie Burner: Lets face it, the best way to burn calories is to run. The more calories I burn the more I can eat. It’s a win, win for me!
- My Boys: My boys think I am awesome and to be an inspiration to them is beyond anything I can ask for. We even drag them to fun runs from time to time. The boys are starting to learn to pace themselves.
What is your favorite fitness activity? What pushes you to participate?